Wednesday 4 January 2012

Woolly Wednesday

 Back last spring I got this lovely surprise bundle of wool from Sarah.  She had hand dyed it and sent it to me, and I have been itching to start spinning it up, but there has always been some other projects with a deadline attached, so it has stayed on the shelf, until now.  I had spun a small amount of it prior to Christmas, but once all the guests were gone, one of the first things I did was set about on the wool!  It was so lovely getting reaquainted with my wheel, which had sat collecting dust in the corner for far too long for my liking! 
This is about half of it, nearly finished the other half, and am looking forward to plying it, and seeing how the subtle changes in the colours contrast with each other. I have no idea what I am going to make with it yet, but it has been an utter pleasure working with it. 

Other woolly goodness was a needle felting set for Christmas.  I made a heart garland as a wedding present for some friends who got married just after Christmas, and as usual, with these last minute presents I forgot to take a photo!  Great fun though, and initiated my nieces into needle felting too!!

Oh, and that bag I made for the competition.  Another friend has tentatively asked Stuart if I could make her one!  Not sure if she wants handspun wool, but I hope she is patient!!

Good to be back in the land of wool!  Happy New Year to you all.

6 comments:

  1. Looking great, look forward to seeing the colours when plied.
    I was really pleased to get back to the wheel post Christmas too, have been spinning a lot in the last week and it feels good!

    I wondered if you'd got your needle felting kit, look forward to seeing some future makes - have fun and not to many "ouch" moments. My BIL's girlfriend has just got into needle felting too.

    Have a wonderfully woolly year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely colour purple! You are doing much better than me already this year, I need to get onto my wheel too, it is calling! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty wool. Hoping to get to my wheel after lunch. I look forward to seeing what you make from the pretty purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great photograph of your Bobbin, beautiful colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire
    Happy New Year to you and your family. I am only just getting into the swing of things again! That purple is really beautifully vibrant and spins up beautifully too. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do with the yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair, have a cuppa and some cake, and if you feel like it, leave a comment.
xx