Monday 10 October 2011

There seems alot of this about.

Everywhere I turn at the moment there seems an awful lot of pain and suffering.  Whether it be through bereavement, ill health, stress or other things.  I don't know whether it is because I am more sensitive to these things given what has been going on in our lives recently, but I seem to be spending alot of time recently trying to make sense of it all, which to be honest, could drive me a little insane!

I came across a couple of quotes by the Dalai Lama, that really struck a chord with me, and I thought I would share with you, so if you are in need of some comfort, I hope you can find some in his ever wise words.

"It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others."

"Encountering sufferings will definitely contribute to the elevation of your spiritual practice, provided you are able to transform the calamity and misfortune into the path."

1 comment:

Pull up a chair, have a cuppa and some cake, and if you feel like it, leave a comment.
xx