Wednesday 19 May 2010

Apologies...

... for not blogging for a while. Life seems so full of living at the moment, I scarcely have time to acknowledge what we are up to before life moves on to the next thing!

Alec and Ethan swam 50metres and 5 metres respectively the other week. Luke faced disappointment in that his swimming style was not up to scratch to gain his 2000m, but he is dealing with it, and is going to keep at it.

The allotment is taking up alot of time, which is lovely as it is so relaxing, and a wonderful allotment neighbour has been helping out on the plot, as Mum pulled her back the other week, and Sophie is not keen on helping much! Although I did find her sat in one of the potato trenches trying to bury her legs earlier today!!

Sophie has also discovered the "off" switch on my computer, which really is a good thing, as she has far greater influence over me than my own will power!!

I've held a fairtrade coffee morning, which was a lovely event. I am now hoping to arrange a summer fair to support local mums who have little side-lines and give them an opportunity to publicise themselves, but also to raise some money for Breast Cancer Awareness. A dear friend is fighting this at the moment. Her children are the same ages as my older three, but she is single. She is being so strong, I don't know where she finds her strength, she really is an inspiration.

I have so many projects I want to do, and keep getting books to read too, but I get about 1/2 an hour in the evening, before I fall asleep to do something! Therefore things are on a "go slow!!"

I am looking forward to meeting up with some parents from the Green Parent forum at the end of the month, assuming Sophie doesn't come down with chickenpox, as she was exposed to it on the day of the coffee morning. And we also have a wedding to go to soon. I was hoping to have made a skirt to wear for it, but unless a miracle happens I can't see that happening in time!!

There has been plenty more of general life happening, and I am grateful for the ordinariness of it all. What a priviledge it is to just live, in comfort, with happy children and a happy husband. I really am very lucky.

3 comments:

  1. It all sounds lovely Claire - I'm glad Luke is managing to deal with the swimming problem and I hope Sophie doesn't come down with the pox ahead of the GP weekend, hugs to you all, Clair xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that your little boy is getting over the swimming setback and that it hasn't put him off. Looks like you have some lovely things planned for the weeks ahead! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to catch up, it really seems like you are living a full life at the moment and the allotment sounds blissful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair, have a cuppa and some cake, and if you feel like it, leave a comment.
xx