This was my first attempt at dress-making, around this time last year. A little pinafore dress for Sophie. I drew around a dress she already had, and then did my own thing with it. The main fabric is some curtains I got for a fiver from a charity shop. They have made a PE bag, a book bag, a peg bag, and this dress. With more fabric left for perhaps some trousers! The lining material I bought especially, and the mother of pearl buttons were from my late Nan's button collection. The great thing with pinafore dresses is that they can become tunics as she grows.
I made some aprons for Christmas presents, but only photo'd one. Poor Alec thought I had cut up his curtains, but really it was just some leftover fabric, along with some curtain lining as the backing. So only had to buy the webbing for the straps.
This is going to be my next project. Some gorgeous material my Mum bought me for Christmas, will be turned into a long flowing skirt for me. Hopefully in time for a wedding in the summer. However, this will be my first attempt at following a pattern, I'm not very good at following instructions, so we'll see what happens! I'm hoping there may be some material left for bits and bobs, as it really is stunning.